What is Popmoney?
Popmoney is an innovative personal payment service offered by Family Horizons Credit Union that eliminates the hassles of checks and cash. Now, sending and receiving money is as easy as emailing and texting. And you don’t need a new account to send or receive money. Just use your Family Horizons account.
How does Popmoney work?
- To send money, you must be enrolled in our Bill Payment service. Look for Popmoney under the Bill Pay tab in our home banking system.
- Send money to anyone using their email address or account information.
- You will be notified when the transaction is completed.
- When someone sends money to you, you will receive an email or text message alert.
- Once you receive the alert, you can log in to your Family Horizons account and direct the funds there.
- Money sent directly to an account will be automatically deposited. No action is required by the recipient.
How can I use Popmoney?
Popmoney is easy and convenient for you and the people you send money to. They can simply receive the money into their bank account online.
The following are just a few of the convenient ways that you can use Popmoney:
- Send money to your child at college
- Send a gift to family or friends
- Reimburse friends for a night out
- Pay your babysitter, lawn care service or pet sitter
- Pay rent to your landlord or roommates
Will my account information be shared with the recipient?
No, your account information will not be shared with the recipient. The recipient will only see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment. When you send a payment to an email address, the recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you will not be able to see the recipient’s account information.
Do I need to verify my email address and phone number?
For security purposes, verification of your email address and phone number may be required. Entering the correct verification codes ensures that you have access to your email and phone. You may also be asked to verify your mobile phone in the future to send and receive payments.