You’ll love our Family Horizons regular checking account! Not only is it user-friendly, there are no monthly fees.
Upon qualification, and a $5 minimum deposit in your variable rate savings account, members may open and maintain a checking account with the following benefits:
- No monthly service charges
- No minimum checking account balance required
- No “per check” charge
- Overdraft protection (see Overdraft Regulation below)
- Use of a VISA ATM/Debit card
To open your Checking account, click the “Become a Member” link on the left menu bar under Quick Links, or stop by a Family Horizons location today.
Federal regulation requires members to opt in or opt out of receiving overdraft services involving approving ATM and everyday debit card transactions, and assessing an overdraft fee.
Family Horizons members must opt in to receive our Overdraft Privilege with your VISA ATM/Debit card. Please click here for the opt-in form. Click here to opt in online now. If you choose to opt out, you can access that form here.*
* By opting-out of ATM and debit card transactions overdraft coverage, you are NOT opting-out of Overdraft Privilege for checks, recurring online bill payments and ACH payments. Please contact us for more information on Overdraft Privilege or click here.
About the Reg E
Members may receive a benefit that is designed to help in the rare occasions when there are not sufficient funds in an account to approve a transaction. In those cases, we overdraw the account, creating an overdraft or a negative balance in the account. The regulatory change requires that in order to continue to receive this benefit, members will be required to opt in or agree to the terms and conditions of the overdraft service program for ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
For more information concerning the Regulation E and Overdraft Transactions, please click here for Reg E FAQ’s.
We offer several ways to provide your response:
- Call us at 317.352.0423, or toll free at 800.944.0423.
- Visit any of our branch locations to complete the form.
- Download the form here and mail it to:
Family Horizons Credit Union
6665 E. 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
To contact us about a Greenfield checking account or an Indianapolis checking account, please stop by one of our credit union branches or click here.