Family Horizons provides financial products and services to help our members reach their financial goals. We are committed to protecting members’ privacy. We take precautions beyond those required by law and provide this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard our members’ financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 317.352-0423.
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
We may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
In order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to: process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with Family Horizons, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
What You Can Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
Family Horizons is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, card numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs) and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, as this can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, and other confidential information to other persons.
- If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know.
We are here to serve you. If you have any questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Family Horizons Credit Union
6665 East 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
317.352.0423 or 800.944.0423
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. The National Credit Union Administration is a U.S. Government Agency.
We Do Business In Accordance With the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Opportunity Act. 12 C.F.R. 701.31(d)(1)(i)
For a printable copy of our privacy notice please click here.