Interested in joining a credit union in the Indianapolis area? Here are the top reasons why you should.
What exactly is a credit union, and how is it different from a bank? That’s a question we are used to being asked at Family Horizons Credit Union, and we’re more than happy to provide answers.
First, let’s start with the basics. The biggest difference between credit unions and banks is all about ownership. Banks are owned by investors, who could be made up of anywhere from a handful of hefty investors to hundreds (or thousands) of stockholders. On the other hand, credit unions are owned by their members. That ownership structure has a direct impact on how the institution is operated.
Choosing between a bank and credit union is a personal preference, but there are distinct advantages and benefits that come with joining a credit union. Take a look at our top six.
Credit Union Membership Benefits
- Unique financial options. Because credit unions are owned by their members, programs and services are tailored and customized to fit the specific needs of that union.
- Great rates. Credit unions regularly offer better deals simply because they are not under the influence of outside investors who are so often focused on increased profits (at the expense of customers). We can keep loan rates low, pay more interest on CDs and savings – and even offer low-cost checking to all members.
- Awesome services. We offer our members a complete range of services, including:
- Credit cards with low interest rates and annual fees
- Direct deposits, cable and wire deposits
- Financial education and counseling services
- High interest rates on savings accounts, CDs and money market accounts
- Investment services
- Low interest rates on mortgages and vehicle loans
- A complete line of insurance services through TruStage
- Personal attention. Credit unions consistently earn high marks for customer service. That’s because we give personal attention to our members, and take great care to ensure member satisfaction.
- Investment services. We know that sound decisions start with sound advice. That’s why members have access to the services of a qualified financial advisor, who will help you achieve your financial goals.
- CO-OP Shared Branch network. Being a part of this special network means banking is convenient. As a Family Horizons member, you can visit any one of the more than 5,000 locations where you see the CO-OP Shared Branch logo, and conduct transactions just like you were at your home branch.
Interested in Finding Out More?
We’d love to share more information with you about Family Horizons programs and services – and the benefits that come along with them. Give us a call or visit one of our branch locations to find out more:
6665 E. 21st Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
Phone: (317) 352-0423
Toll-free: (800) 944-0423
216 W. Muskegon Drive
Greenfield, IN 46140
Phone: (317) 462-5500